Where to access FREE Contraception Services
Please refer to Services and eligibility Sections Below. Some charges may still apply.
Choose from a range of healthcare professionals from across Te Moana A Toi (Bay of Plenty)
Find a Service near you
The Doctors Papamoa
What Services are FREE?
The Ministry of Health are funding specific contraception services for FREE* for wāhine to help improve access to the most effective forms of contraception – Implant or IUD.
Services that are covered under this agreement and free of charge to wāhine, includes:
- FREE Contraception consultation with a trained healthcare professional to discuss all contraception options for you to choose the best option for you
- FREE Appointment time to insert and/or remove either an Implant or IUD device (this may vary depending on the contraception and/or the provider)
- NO costs for either the Implant or IUD device
*SERVICES AND FEES MAY VARY AT THE DISCRETION OF THE PROVIDER. PLEASE ENSURE TO ASK YOUR PROVIDER.
Who is eligible?
Wāhine living in Te Moana a Toi (Bay of Plenty) are able to access contraception services at a range of service providers. To be ELIGIBLE** for free contraception services funded by the Ministry of Health under this agreement, you must either be:
- Under 26 years old;
- or Māori or Pacific;
- or live in a quintile 5 area;
- or hold a community services card (CSC);
- or at high risk of unplanned pregnancy and poor health and social outcomes.
Ask your service provider to see if you are eligible to access funding. If you are not eligible, fees will be determined by the provider.
**ELIGIBILITY HAS BEEN DEFINED BY THE MINISTRY OF HEALTH. ELIGIBILITY AND FEES WILL BE DETERMINED BY THE PROVIDER AND MAY VARY AT THE DISCRETION OF THE PROVIDER. PLEASE ENSURE TO ASK YOUR PROVIDER PRIOR TO YOUR APPOINTMENT.
Who is eligible for free services.